Editor’s note: This letter was originally published in the Feb. 16 edition of The Photo News - prior to the cancellation of the March village elections. The election is now rescheduled for Sept. 15.
My name is John M. Karl III and I am running for Village Trustee in the election.
I am active within the community and attend all village board meetings. I am proud to say I was Mayor from 2006-2010 and Trustee from 2004-2006.
I am a lifelong resident of the Village of Monroe and 42-year active member of the Monroe Fire Department and many other civic organizations.
We as a Village have a serious expense on the horizon that needs to be addressed and that is a voice in making the Orange County Sewer District #1 fair and equitable to the property owners in our Village. This needs to be put on the forefront. Now.
· We need affordable and market driven senior housing.
· Replacement of the water transmission line from reservoir to the filter plant.
· Update property maintenance laws and quality of life issues that will be enforced.
· Work with regulatory agencies to get permits to dredge the Millponds.
· Full transparency - no hidden agenda.
· Work to bring Sterile Grass Carp into the Village Reservoir to reduce the use of chemicals to treat unwanted vegetation.
· Enforce unwanted garbage and debris littering throughout the Village including properties owned by the Village of Monroe. You lead by example.
The above mentioned are just some of the projects I will push to advance for the betterment of the Village of Monroe. I have 37+ years of proven Village experience to get the job done. I am retired and available day or night.
As an elected official we must be held to a higher standard and be held accountable to our constituents. This includes paying our property taxes and water bills in a timely manner.
Integrity - Accountable - Knowledgeable.
Vote Row B Concerned Citizen on Tuesday, Sept. 15, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., at Village Hall, 7 Stage Road.
John M. Karl III
Candidate for Monroe Village Trustee