Sacred Heart Parish Outreach in Monroe is seeking volunteers to help with its numerous programs to help that in need.
• Men are needed to help with its St. Mother Teresa Furniture Program. This involves picking up furniture from donors’ garage, then either bringing it to the outreach program’s storage shed for future deliveries or delivering it to the recipient.
• Helpers are needed for its SonShine Boutique, unloading the storage shed, sorting and folding clothes and setting up household items for sale. Thursdays 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. any part from 9 to 11:30 am or 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. to break down.
• Help is needed laying a vinyl plank snap and click flooring for a small 14 x 8 office at the parish.
• Landscaping assistance is needed at Sacred Heart Chapel. Helpers should bring their own tools and wear clothing to protect them from poison ivy.
• Our Father’s Kitchen is in need of new 50 gallon garbage cans with wheels. This would be covered by a $75 donation to Parish Outreach.
• The Food Pantry is in need of a driver with a truck every Wednesday morning. The driver would arrive at the church at 7 a.m. to go The Food Bank of the Hudson Valley in Cornwall, bring the order to the chapel, and finished by 9 a.m. The driver must be able to lift 40 pound boxes.
• Servers are needed at Our Father’s Kitchen Wednesday nights from 5 to 7 p.m.
• The Parish Outreach program is in need to the services of an Immigration Lawyer who is fluent in Spanish.
“As many of you know, Sacred Heart Parish Outreach provides a huge safety net for so many people in our community,” wrote Betsy Johnston, parish outreach director in an email to The Photo News. “Where other social agencies are unable to assist, Sacred Heart finds a way. All is possible because of God's unending mercy and the support of those volunteers, represented by every church and synagogue, in our community, who so freely give of their time, talent and tithe.”
Those who can help should call Johnston at 914-805-0051.