The Orange County Chinese Association (OCCA) will host a celebration for the 2020 Chinese New Year on Saturday, Jan. 25, in celebration of the Year of the Rat.
The snow date is Sunday, Jan. 26.
The OCCA Celebration is comprised of three events:
• First, there will be stage performances featuring the Orange County Chinese School students and professional entertainers, exhibiting the many facets of traditional Chinese cultural heritage.
• This will be followed by a buffet-style dinner with homemade Chinese food catered by both local businesses and fellow attendees.
• After dinner, attendees are welcome to continue the celebration with karaoke, dance and other entertainment.
• The celebration begins at 2 p.m. in the Chester Academy auditorium, at 64 Hambletonian Ave., Chester.
• Performances will take place between 2 and 5 p.m. This portion of the celebration is free and open to the public.
• Dinner starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $12 for an adult and can be purchased at the door.
For more information, contact Kangjian Wu, president of OCCA, at 845 282-3635, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.occany.org.