Monroe-Woodbury Parent Cheer Club hosts end-of-year awards dinner
Photos by William Dimmit High School Principal Matthew Kravatz, Captains Alexa Kyles, Ashley Meese, Alison Loughran, Grace Campbell and Superintendent Elsie Rodriguez.
Varsity Head Coach Barbra AliDad is flanked by Team Captains Grace Campbell, Alison Loughran, Alexa Kyles and Ashley Meese.
Mayor of Peekskill Frank Catalina and his daughter Andrea Catalina present Allison Gardner with one of the Paula T. Catalina Scholarships with Barbara O'Connor and Barbra AliDad.
From left to right, Coaches Rebecca Gutierrez, Jean Turco and Barbra AliDad.
Gina Gutierrez, left, and Barbra AliDad present Brian Hawkenberry with one of the Monroe-Woodbury Parents Club awards.
CENTRAL VALLEY — This past Tuesday evening, April 18, at the Falkirk Estate and Country Club, the Monroe-Woodbury Parent Cheer Club held its end-of- year awards dinner.
Awards and recognition were given to the members on the three teams:
• Modified coached by Rebecca Gutierrez;
• Junior Varsity coached by Jean Turco; and
• Varsity coached by Barbara AliDad.
Awards• The Paula T. Catalina Scholarship awards were given to Grace Campbell, Alison Loughran, Allison Gardener, Ashley Meese and Abby Fernandez.
• The Monroe-Woodbury Parents Club awarded Scholarships to Brian Hawkenberry, Rebecca Song and Sophia Quintanna.
• Special recognition and gifts were given JV Coach Jean Turco, who is stepping down. Her smiling face and energy will be missed by the Crusader family.
The high light of this year's Varsity Cheerleading Team's trip to Dallas, Texas, where these young athletes competed in the National High School Cheer Competition.
- William Dimmit
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.