Threat resolved at Baker High School
TUXEDO — Tuxedo School District officials said they have resolved who was responsible for leaving a threatening note at George F. Baker High School on Thursday.
Tuxedo Superintendent Carol Lomascolo said Friday morning that the student had been identified by dismissal time yesterday, though not in time to update a note that was sent home to parents and a district Web site posting advising them of what happened.
Appropriate action is taking place with that student and the student’s family, she said.
School officials found a note in one of George F. Baker’s classrooms on Thursday which contained copy about a threat against the school for early February.
“Although we do not believe that this is a credible threat, we take all incidents such as this very seriously,” according to a statement posted on the district’s Web site late Thursday evening.
According to officials, the classroom where the note was found is a space used by students from both the high school and George Grant Mason School, home to kindergarten through eighth-grade students.
The statement said administrators of both buildings are working very closely with the Tuxedo Police Department “and are conducting a serious investigation.”
“The Tuxedo Police have assured us that they will be a more visible presence in our district as we move ahead with this investigation,” according to the Web site’s statement. “Please be assured that the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff are our highest priority. Also be assured that we are taking this threat very seriously.”
The schools opened as usual on Friday.
- Nancy Kriz
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.